Copywriting for E-commerce
E-commerce (electronic commerce) involves buying and selling of goods and services via the internet. All commercial transactions carried out over the internet fall in this category. Also known as internet commerce, e-commerce grew rapidly following the first online business transaction in 1994.
With the rapid growth of the industry, excellent copywriting is required for businesses to stay above the competition. Copywriting for e-commerce involves delivering promotional content which is aimed at convincing the reader to take a specified action.
At Daily Posts, our goal is to help your business beat the competition by delivering quality copy that is guaranteed to convert. With more than a decade of being in the industry and partnering with top firms across the globe, you can trust us to produce technical SEO copy that is bound to impress and convince your clients. Call us today on 02380970979 for your e-commerce advert copy.
Categories of E-commerce
There are six categories of e-commerce:
This covers all online commercial transactions of goods and services carried out between companies. Content for B2B advertising requires a formal tone and expertise in the field. Our technical copywriters carry out heavy research in the niche to have a good knowledge of what the other business expects. We leverage that information to craft compelling copy in your brand’s voice.
- Business to Business (B2B)
This type of online commerce deals with relationships between businesses and the final consumer. With the increase in competition, advertising content for the consumer requires more information about the goods. Using the long-form type copy, we present all the information the reader will need and highlight the uniqueness of your services in a convincing manner that is sure to convert potential customers.
- Business to Consumer (B2C)
All electronic transactions of goods and services conducted between consumers fall within this category. A third party often provides an online platform for these transactions. Advertising content for this category requires a more familiar writing tone/style. We use natural language to make your target audience see why they should engage your services. Copy is usually personalised.
- Consumer to Consumer (C2C)
In consumer to business e-commerce, there is a complete reversal from the traditional process of buying and selling – from individuals to companies. It includes such business projects that require design elements, crowdsourcing, proposals for company sites or logo, among others. Copywriting for the C2B type commerce requires a formal tone and a thorough understanding of the field. With technical copywriting, we place you as an authority in your field and wear out any objections that might arise in the mind of the reader.
- Consumer to Business (C2B)
This comprises of online commercial transactions and dealings between companies and public administration. Writing for this category covers whitepapers, product specifications, and proposal copy, among others. It requires a formal tone and a level of expertise which we deliver using technical copywriting.
- Business to administration (B2A)
This covers all electronic transactions between individuals and public administration. C2A can be found in such industries as health, electronic tax filing, and distance learning, among others. Our copywriters are trained to study the niche and deliver content in the appropriate writing tone guaranteed to make an impact on the reader.
- Consumers to Administration (C2A)
Facts about E-commerce
Today, e-commerce has evolved to one of the popular and most demanding forms of business thanks to mobile commerce. Here are some facts about e-commerce.
- Based on a recent study, the average conversion rate for e-commerce is 1.6%.
- Online retail sales are expected to reach $27 trillion by 2020.
- Over 80% of the total online population has purchased goods and services on the internet.
- 50% of the total online population has shopped at least once in an online marketplace.
- India is the country with the highest e-commerce growth followed by Saudi Arabia, Indonesia, and Australia. Latvia has the least online shopping growth – behind Ukraine and France.
- Amazon is currently the biggest e-commerce store followed by Staples, Dell, Office Depot, and Walmart.
- Online shoppers between the ages of 31 - 44 and 55 - 65 spend the most online (68%).
- Census.gov and Office of National Statistics report that e-commerce sales account for just 8% of total retail sales in the US and 14% in the UK with the promise of heavy growth.
- According to a survey by CMS connected, B2B e-commerce sales are expected to outgrow B2C sales by 2020, reaching $6.7 trillion.
- Statista puts the total average e-commerce of the year spend per customer to be approximately $1,800 in the US and £1,600 in the UK.
Qualities of Good E-commerce Copy
In order to reach the intended audience and achieve the desired aim, good e-commerce copy must possess certain qualities…
- Quality e-commerce copy focuses on the goods and services available for purchase. The design should be appropriate and not overshadow the product to avoid distracting the customer from making purchases.
- E-commerce website landing pages should be optimised for user experience. A prospective client may hit the back button if he finds it hard to easily navigate the site. Products and services should be properly arranged in such a way that they will be easily found.
- In designing e-commerce ads, stunning images are used to attract the attention of the reader. Good copy includes suitable visuals to appeal to the reader.
- It demands creativity. The choice of words matters too as a wrongly-placed word can stop a transaction. Great copy makes use of irresistible headlines and excellent storytelling to keep the reader intrigued.
- It aptly represents the brand. It has to be constructed using the brand's voice in order to cultivate trust and improve customer loyalty.
- Great e-commerce copy has a clear and convincing call to action. This is used to seal the transactions.
Frequently Asked Questions on E-commerce
How do I write good e-commerce copy?
Good e-commerce copy requires a thorough understanding of the niche and audience. With the knowledge and great writing tone and style, you can develop excellent e-commerce copy.
What is a good conversion rate for e-commerce ads?
The average conversion rate for e-commerce ads is 1.6%. With good copywriting, search engine optimisation, and excellent landing pages; you can get up to 3%.
Which platforms can I advertise on to get good conversion rates?
Social media platforms and Google Adwords can help you increase your site's conversion rate. You can also partner with a paid search agency to boost visibility and conversion.
How can I generate more e-commerce sales with Facebook ads?
Good social media optimised ad copy is sure to increase conversion. Make use of Facebook ad targeting and live feed to reach your desired audience.
How much does it cost to develop e-commerce copy?
At Daily Posts, our rates start at $2 per word. We have other great packages that will suit your budget. Call us on 02380970979 to get started.
Types of e-commerce copywriting
An e-commerce copywriter will need to be producing three basic types of copy for the brand he or she is working for to aid reach their target audience. These include:
These are the kind of e-commerce copy that are aimed at provided customers with needed information. Therefore, they are, by their nature, straight to the point. The good kind are devoid of any flowery language or fillers. Example are the frequently asked questions whi
What is a product description
A product description is a structured format of presenting information about a product. It includes the presentation, benefits, purpose, form and price of the product.
It’s marketing copy that tells the end-user what the product is and why they should buy it. The goal of product copy is to compel users to buy a product by highlighting the unique selling points and benefits of the product.
Product descriptions are the lifeline of e-commerce sites becau
What is SEO management?
SEO management is the conscious development of different methodologies, strategies, tactics and techniques aimed at increasing the number of visitors a site gets. In the case of an e-commerce website, what goes into managing its SEO is complex.
SEO management is a combination of separate skill sets namely internet marketing and search engine optimization, computing and business. It involves the coordination of every aspect of achieving SEO goals especially for onlin